- The world's longest road tunnel is in Norway, the Lærdal Tunnel at 24.5km long.
- Norway is the largest exporter of salmon in the world, but the country’s national dish is Fårikål (mutton stew).
- Everyone living in Norway has three figures from their annual tax return published: their annual income, income tax paid, and wealth.
- You can only buy alcohol (content higher than 4.75%) from stores called Vinmonopolet. There are only one or two in each city, and none in the countryside towns.
- In the northern Norway town of Karasjok, students are required to go to school until the temperature reaches -50 Celsius, at that point they are able to stay at home.
- Norway is the birthplace of modern skiing. The word “ski” is Norwegian for “piece of wood”.
- The official Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square in London has come from Norway every year since 1946.
- Vinnufossen in Norway is Europe’s highest waterfall at 860m and the world’s sixth tallest.
In order to practise medicine in Norway, all physicians must be in possession of a valid licence to practice.
For detailed information as to which documents are required for the application process, please visit the following website for more information or contact The Norwegian Directorate of Health directly.https://helsedirektoratet.no/English