- Gaelic is the commonly spoken language in Ireland, next to Irish and English.
- The longest place name in Ireland is Muckanaghederdauhaulia.
- Titanic, the Unsinkable ship, which sunk in its maiden voyage, was made in Ireland.
- Rotunda Hospital in Dublin is the longest continually operating maternity hospital in the world. (1745)
- Ireland’s oldest pub, Sean’s Bar, was founded some 900 years ago.
- Halloween was derived from an Irish festival called Samhain.
- Dracula was written by the Irish author Bram Stoker in 1897.
- There were never any snakes in Ireland, apart from in zoos and as pets.
To be able to work in Ireland as a doctor you will have to register yourself with the Irish Medical Council (IMC). For more detailed information please see the link below:
f you would like to work in Ireland as a nurse or mid-wife, you will have to register yourself with the The Irish Nursing Board.
For more detailed information please see the link below:
Our multilingual colleagues will assist candidates with information from their application to the actual relocation if needed. This includes assisting with information about the application and registration processes with the relevant councils. The process can take several weeks, therefore if you are determined to work in Ireland it is advisable to start your registration as early as possible!